Advanced Business Computers of America, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “ABCOA”) has prepared this Privacy Statement (hereinafter referred to as the “Statement”) in an effort demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. Due to the sensitive nature of the information we collect from our users, including address and phone numbers, we believe it is important to satisfy strict privacy requirements. Please read this Statement carefully so that you understand what information ABCOA collects and how this information is used.
The information in this Statement applies only to information collected online through www.dealpack.com (hereinafter referred to as the “website”) and does not address ways in which ABCOA may collect or use information obtained through other channels, for example offline, telephonic, writing, or any way other than ABCOA’s website.
The ABCOA website may contain links to other third-party websites. Be advised that ABCOA assumes no responsibility for the content of any third-party websites and is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of any third-party websites.
The Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
By using the ABCOA website, you acknowledge that you have read this Statement and that you agree that the Terms and Conditions of Service govern your transactions with ABCOA. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this website.
The following section describes the information we collect from you and indicates the primary purposes why we collect each type of information from you. If we use your information or disclose or distribute your information to third parties for a purpose that is not related to the following purposes, we will notify you by email of your right to opt-out of that use, disclosure or distribution beforehand. Your right to opt-out shall be governed by the Choice/Opt-Out Section below. ABCOA may collect and use the following kinds of Personally Identifiable Information:
- Information regarding your use of the ABCOA website. ABCOA may use nonidentifying and aggregate information to better design the website and to share certain information with advertisers. For example, ABCOA may inform an advertiser that a certain number of individuals visited identifiable areas on the website, or that a certain number of visitors to the website filled out a ABCOA registration form. In any event, ABCOA does not disclose any information that may be used to identify individual users; and
- Information that you provide for registration with the website. If you provide ABCOA with your email address, you authorize ABCOA to email you about our website or our existing or new services. ABCOA may also use your email address to send you a request to provide us feedback regarding your satisfaction with our website or affiliated sites. Of course, you always have the option to unsubscribe by following the instructions included in each email sent by ABCOA; and
- Information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to the website services. However, as described, we never use or share the Personally Identifiable Information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ways described herein without also providing you an opportunity to optout or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses; and
- Information that is collected on a regular and automatic basis such as:
b. Internet Protocol (IP) Addresses: ABCOA may also record your IP address, which is the exact location of your computer on the world wide web. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer the website. Your IP address is, or may be used to help identify you, to track activity within the website and to gather broad demographic information. Our web server will collect IP information; and
c. Web Beacons: ABCOA may use web beacons, which are digital or electronic images embedded into a webpage on the website. ABCOA may place such a small file on all or some of our web pages, as well as emails we may send out. Web beacons, and other tracking mechanisms such as cookies, allow ABCOA and its advertisers to track website usages by visitor; and
d. Web Browser Information: ABCOA’s web server may automatically collect certain information about your computer’s configuration when you visit the website, including the type of web browser software you use, the type of computer operating system you have, the resolution of your computer monitor, the website, if any, that referred you to the website, and your unique IP address.
- ABCOA may use the above-listed information to better understand the site usage by all visitors, the particular traffic patterns on our site, the particular details about the usage of our site such as, among other things, length of stay, pages viewed, and the particular type of web browser you are using. Please be advised that you are not required to provide any Personally Identifiable Information to visit ABCOA’s website. ABCOA collects Personally Identifiable Information only when you make it available through your use of ABCOA’s website.
ABCOA’s Use Of Personally Identifiable Information
Please be advised that ABCOA may use your personal information to:
1. Administer ABCOA’s website; and
2. Monitor, set, enable, or disable your access to and use of the website
3. Send to you communications about services you used; and
4. Send you statements and invoices; and
5. Collect payments from you; and
6. Send you marketing communications; and
7. Send you information regarding surveys or promotions; and
8. Send you information to subscribe to ABCOA e-newsletters and notices; and
9. Other uses such as:
a. To obtain confirmations from you; and
b. To provide follow up or feedback to you; and
c. To send to you marketing information; and
d. To facilitate communications with you; and
e. To manage affiliated websites;
f. To help facilitate the production of website usage reports; and
g. To help improve visitor experiences; and
h. To help gather statistical information to better develop the website and to optimize ABCOA’s presence on the world wide web.
If ABCOA discloses your personal information to its authorized affiliates for these purposes, ABCOA requests that the affiliate be obligated to use that Personally Identifiable Information in accordance with the terms of this Statement. It is important to note that in addition to the disclosures of Personally Identifiable Information for ABCOA’s purposes, ABCOA may be required to disclose your Personal Identifiable Information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings, or as otherwise required in any legal action.
ABCOA’s Information Sharing Of Personally Identifiable Information
Users of ABCOA’s website acknowledge and agree to permit ABCOA to share Personally Identifiable Information has been provided by website users with third parties, who are, but not limited to:
1. Affiliates: ABCOA is authorized to share your Personally Identifiable Information with its Affiliates. ABCOA will take reasonable steps to ensure that the Affiliates' Privacy Statement governing the use and/or disclosure of personal information is similar to ABCOA’s Privacy Statement.
2. Customer or Visitor Requests: If a customer or visitor requests information or services from ABCOA through the website, you acknowledge and agree that ABCOA may use and share your Personally Identifiable Information with third party affiliates as deemed necessary to accomplish your service request. Please be advised that once ABCOA submits to any third party affiliate, the subsequent use or disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information is subject to those third party affiliates' privacy statements. ABCOA assumes no responsibility nor shall it be responsible for the third party affiliates’ use or disclosure of information.
3. Direct Marketing: ABCOA may, from time to time, send to those customers, who are over the age of eighteen years old and who have affirmatively agreed to receive third-party direct marketing materials, direct marketing communications. ABCOA will take reasonable steps to communicate with any third party affiliates used for such direct marketing that the information provided to them is considered Personally Identifiable Information and confidential, which makes it subject to the specific third party affiliates' privacy statements.
4. General Releases of Personally Identifiable Information: Through your use of this website, you hereby acknowledge and agree that ABCOA has the right to release any Personally Identifiable Information, or any other information provided to ABCOA or to third party affiliates as follows:
a) At times when ABCOA may be required to do so by operation of law or legal proceedings; and
b) To implement and/or enforce ABCOA’s agreement with its customers; and
c) To investigate potential fraudulent activity or investigate reported illegal activity, suspected abuse, or any other unauthorized use of the website; and
d) To take the necessary precautions to protect the property or safety of our ABCOA’s customers or visitors; and
e) To help facilitate the sale of a customers’ vehicle on ABCOA’s website; and
f) To use and/or disclose your Personally Identifiable Information to third parties if you have provided your Personally Identifiable Information in a manner that made it publicly available on ABCOA’s website.
ABCOA may offer certain promotions via the website. If you enter a promotional event, ABCOA may require that you to provide Personally Identifiable Information. ABCOA may, among other reasons, use the provided information to contact you regarding the promotional event or for other marketing purposes, including the sharing of the information with third party affiliates. If it is your intent not to provide Personally Identifiable Information, then ABCOA recommends that you do not participate in any promotional events presented on the website.
Website Links Provided on ABCOA’s Website
ABCOA may provide links to other websites so that visitors to the ABCOA website may obtain information from third party affiliates or to learn more about related products and services. The ABCOA website may include links to other websites, whereby customers have gain access to products and services offered by third party affiliates. As previously mentioned, ABCOA is not responsible, in any way, for the Privacy Statements and Policies of any third party affiliate. Please be advised that if you access a third-party website through a link provided on the ABCOA website, and if you provide Personally Identifiable Information, and then purchase a product or service, or if you conduct any other business with the third-party website, your use of the third-party website shall be governed by the privacy statement and policy of that site and not the ABCOA website. It is worth noting that the third-party websites’ privacy statement may not be consistent with ABCOA’s Privacy Statement.
ABCOA’s Website Security
ABCOA recognizes that your Personally Identifiable Information is important to you. ABCOA will take reasonable steps to maintain it in accordance to the requirements of the law and to ensure that it is accessible only to authorized personnel on an as needed basis to operate our business and as permitted by this Statement. ABCOA may collect credit card information from you, and when we do, we will use Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) encryption, which is the internet industry standard encryption method for protecting privacy in certain web transactions. We must advise you that even though ABCOA takes these measures, ABCOA does not provide any express or implied guarantees for complete security of its computers, servers, databases, or access portals. ABCOA makes no guaranty, whatsoever, that your Personally Identifiable Information, which you submit via the website, may not be accessed or intercepted by third parties, or inadvertently disclosed. All user data is stored on our servers. The user may request, via email or telephone, additional information about the website’s security practices. The requested security information will be made available to the user via email, fax or postal mail, in our discretion.
ABCOA’s Usage and Disclosure Policy
ABCOA at times may supply data and information to its advertisers to help the advertisers better understand the users of the ABCOA website. In general, ABCOA normally provides this information in an aggregated statistical format. As noted herein, your credit card information that you may have provided is maintained in a secured setting via the use of the SSL encryption and is then stored on ABCOA’s private and secure servers. ABCOA will use your credit card information for the sole purpose to bill you for the services you order from this website. It is not ABCOA’s policy to share your credit card information with anyone else and disclosures may occur only when necessary to process your transactions or comply with federal or state law. ABCOA may, at times, use an independent third party, such as a bank or credit card processing company, to collect on ABCOA’s behalf, or to assemble aggregated statistical information about how certain visitors use and navigate through ABCOA’s site, to calculate and report how many users visit various pages within ABCOA’s site, to other operational information about what visitors are viewing on our site. ABCOA does not assemble this information in a way that would identify you personally. ABCOA reserves the right to provide the information gathered and produced in aggregate fashion to third parties.
ABCOA may, from time to time, release information about our website visitors when release is required by law, and to protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers or website visitors. At times, customers or visitors may choose to unsubscribe to automatically sent emails in response to an email message that was sent by ABCOA on our behalf or on behalf of one of our advertisers. When you do, ABCOA will do its best to share your email address and related “unsubscribe” instructions with the advertiser to ensure that your email privacy preferences are honored. ABCOA, at times, may use a third-party to send our customers an automatic email communication or offer on our behalf, and when we do, ABCOA will do its best to share with that third party agent a list of our customers’ email addresses collected from website visitors that have specifically unsubscribed out of ABCOA’s email program. ABCOA may provide access to ABCOA’s databases to third party affiliates to help facilitate the aggregating of information as noted herein. As mentioned in this Privacy Statement, certain accessed information contained in our databases may be deemed Personally Identifying Information so ABCOA will do its best to ensure that the access granted is to the sections of our database that contain information that is otherwise publicly available on ABCOA’s website.
Modifications to ABCOA’s Privacy Statement
ABCOA reserves the right to make additions, deletions, or modifications, in whole or part, to this Statement. If and when ABCOA recognizes the need to change its Statement, all such changes to this Statement will be made on the website and an update will be made regarding the effective date to reflect the date of the changes. All concerns or disputes regarding this Statement are governed by the terms and conditions as contained herein.
Data Access & Accuracy
ABCOA is not responsible for inaccuracies in data provided by third parties, such as credit reporting bureaus. You may review your data by emailing ABCOA at the email address below. Any inaccuracies in your data may be corrected through a subsequent telephone call to us, at a telephone number provided in a reply email.
The ABCOA website provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from the website at the point where we request information about the user. The website gives users the following options for removing their information from our database.
Change in Control
If we experience a “change in control” (defined below), we may amend our information practices as described in this Statement. We will post on the website home page a notice or a link to a notice which will describe how we will amend our Statement. If you do not agree to our amended privacy statement, you may contact us as described in this Statement and we will allow you to opt-out of the proposed amendments to our privacy statement with respect to the information that we have previously collected from you.
Change in control” means any of the following events:
- we undergo a reorganization, merger, consolidation, acquisition or other restructuring involving all or substantially all of our voting securities and/or assets, by operation of law or otherwise;
- we become insolvent;
- we make a general assignment for the benefit of creditors;
- we suffer or permit an appointment of a receiver for our business or assets;
- we become subject to any proceedings under any bankruptcy or insolvency law, whether domestic or foreign; or
- we are liquidated, voluntarily or otherwise.
Customer’s Usage of ABCOA’s Website
ABCOA has created this website for you. ABCOA understands that the needs of its users and customers vary. ABCOA will do its best to offer services and features that best fit the needs of its customers and visitors. By using our website, you hereby acknowledge and agree to the terms and conditions contained in this Privacy Statement. Within ABCOA’s website, we provide users with the opportunity to email select pages to a third party. Please be advised that if you choose to use the email a page service, your name, email address, and a typed message by you, if any, will be visible to the recipient of the email. ABCOA’s email a page service is designed to be for personal use and for informational purposes only. Any improper or illegal use of this service is strictly prohibited. ABCOA will collect and gather information through customers’ and visitors’ usage of the email a page service and any such collection of information will be maintained in accordance with the terms and conditions as contained herein.
For more information regarding this Privacy Statement or Advanced Business Computers of America, Inc., please email email@example.com. All inquiries should be directed to ABCOA’s Customer Service Department in Jacksonville, Florida.
Effective Date: August 1, 2013
© 2013, Advanced Business Computers of America, Inc.